JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC Minneapolis
What is hyaluronic acid (HA)?
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance found on your skin. As you age, you start to lose HA, which causes the skin to lose structure and volume, contributing to the formation of wrinkles and folds.
What are the different types of wrinkles?
There are two different types of wrinkles:
- Dynamic wrinkles are caused when muscles contract to make facial expressions such as smiles and frowns.
- Static wrinkles develop because our skin’s natural substances (such as collagen and hyaluronic acid), which provide structure and volume, decrease over time.
What is the difference between BOTOX® and JUVÉDERM® XC?
BOTOX® Cosmetic and JUVÉDERM® XC are two possible ways to treat moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles. Both are non-surgical, but they work differently:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: Injected beneath the skin’s surface to target the underlying muscle activity which is one of the causes of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet. BOTOX® Cosmetic temporarily reduce the activity of those muscles.
- JUVÉDERM® XC: Injected into the skin to temporarily smooth moderate to severe wrinkles such as those around the nose and mouth.*†
* In the United States, JUVÉDERM® XC is indicated for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds).
† This includes all JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel formulations.
What is the difference between JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC?
JUVÉDERM® XC is a non-surgical filler your doctor uses to instantly smooth out moderate to severe lines along the sides of your nose and mouth. Natural-looking results may last up to one year with optimal treatment.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is the first injectable gel that is FDA-approved to instantly correct age-related volume loss in the cheek area for people over 21. It adds volume, creating contour and lift for up to two years with optimal treatment.
Can treatment with JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC be administered at the same time?
JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC are different products approved to treat different areas of the face. Talk to your doctor to determine the treatment plan that’s right for you.